We often find that people are always seeking peace of mind. Many are living with turbulency and chaos within their lives not knowing it’s possible to obtain peace within one's life time without becoming a monk.
Nearly everyone is affected by anxiety and depression, and everyone experiences it differently. Surprisingly our physical bodies were not made to easily cope with stress. As of matter of fact our body’s innate state of being is at peace and equilibrium. It is usually our state of mind that controls the peace or chaos within our lives.
It is up to us to live up to our full potential with love and healing. But this dis-balance gets shortened due to physical, emotional, and even social factors. As a result, you might feel overwhelmed and ultimately think that you are not capable of handling all the pressure without breaking down.
It is times like these, when you feel restless and uncertain where you must find your Zen as essential. It is important during these circumstances of confusion to learn to manage the stress by becoming in-tune with your body and self. It is also important to keep your nervous system and your inner self aligned so that anger and other negative feelings don’t build up, burying the natural love and peace that every one of us was born with.
Ways to Find Your Zen in a Busy World
1. Feel: Be aware of your feelings, but don’t let the chaos become your reality. Rather, let everything exist the way it is while trying to bring it back to normal, using the inner light that helps you stay aware and connected to your own inner reality.
2. Rise early: Rise early and start your day sooner. It allows you some free time to collect yourself, contemplate, the day ahead, and stay connected to your inner self. You can use this time for deep breathing, prayer, yoga, meditation, or any other method you feel calms your soul.
3. Practice deep breathing: Deep breathing balances your nervous system and is transformative in an amazing way. Inhale slowly, pause, and hold your breath for a beat. Then exhale slowly and controlled, with another pause before your next inhale. This breathing exercise will bring energy and love to every cell in your body.
4. Take a shower: Massage your body with almond oil and take a short rest. Then indulge in a hot shower and feel your body relax. You will feel refreshed and your senses revitalized the second you step out of the shower. This practice will prepare you to effectively handle the stress of daily life.
5. Take genuine, mindful breaths: If at any time of the day you feel you are losing control over yourself, take a short break and practice slow, mindful breathing for a few minutes. At least take five authentic breaths to reclaim your Zen and feel revitalized again before returning to your routine.
6. Be kind to yourself: Feeling ashamed or guilty of past actions can really bring down your morale and make you feel low. Forgiving yourself, on the other hand, can promote good and positive vibes. Try to forgive yourself more often to feel loved and uplifted.
7. Positive words: What we say has a profound impact on our feelings and the people around us. Affirming and positive words promote good mutual feelings and surround you with the positive energy. Reclaim your love and energy by using positive words.
Incorporating these tips and steps into your life can help you live a happier and more peaceful life in the midst of the busy city life.